Last year, Cat Scratch Reader raised over $1000 for Greg Olsen’s charity The HEARTest Yard. This year we’re going to try to do the same thing for another Panthers-related charity. Our recipient this year is the Thomas Davis Defending Dreams Foundation.
I’ve said numerous times that Thomas Davis is my favorite player in the NFL, and it’s partly because of the impact he has on the community through his charity. The work he does with underprivileged neighborhoods is vital to our society, and I believe his charity is a worthy cause for our donations this year.
To give you a brief synopsis of where you donations will go, here’s the mission statement of The Thomas Davis Defending Dreams Foundation:
Educate. Empower. Defend. – Our foundation is built on these principles and strives to encourage students to develop the essential life and social skills that will make them leaders of tomorrow.
Our goal is to raise $1000 throughout the month of December, so please tell all of your friends and family members about this too, and if you can — please be sure to donate to this worthy cause. I would love nothing more than to see this goal reached and exceeded, so let’s see how high we can set the bar.
And now, for the technical stuff:
- Donations can only be made with Paypal or a credit card. Cash donations cannot be accepted (sorry).
- You must provide a name and email address to donate, but you can choose to have your name hidden if you wish to remain anonymous.
- We are not providing anything in exchange for your donation(s). All donations are 100% voluntary and will not get you anything in return except for the feeling of knowing you made a difference in someone’s life.
- Comments are optional, but if you would like to leave one with your donation you are free to do so.
- We will keep you updated on the progress of our goal throughout the month.
- At the end of December we will close the campaign, and the money raised will be directly donated to the Thomas Davis Defending Dreams Foundation.
Now, with that being said, please click on the link above if you would like to give or share the information with someone else. (If nothing else, please spread the word!)
If you are financially unable to give, you can still help us out by telling everyone you know about our campaign. Telling others goes further than you may think, so please feel free to tell as many people as you can!