From the NFL's press release:
OFFENSE: QB CAM NEWTON, CAROLINA PANTHERS
- Newton passed for two touchdowns and rushed for two touchdowns in the Panthers’ 38-10 win over Tampa Bay. With the victory, Carolina improved to 15-1 and clinched home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs.
- He completed 21 of 26 passes (80.8 percent) for 293 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions for a 139.3 passer rating. It marked his eighth game with a 100+ rating this season.
- Newton has 31 career games with both a passing touchdown and a rushing touchdown, tied for the most in NFL history with Pro Football Hall of Famer Steve Young.
- Newton is the first player in NFL history with at least 30 passing touchdowns (35) and 10 rushing touchdowns (10) in a single season.
- In his fifth season from Auburn, this is Newton’s eighth career Player of the Week Award and fifth this season (Weeks 9, 11, 13, 15).
- Newton’s five Player of the Week Awards are tied for the most in a season in NFL history (Tom Brady, 2007).
- Newton is the first player to win five Player of the Week Awards in a nine-week span within a season.
That is pretty amazing that he outshined every other offensive player in 5 different games over a 9 game stretch. Talk about a player being on fire. We just have to hope and pray he keeps the magic going.