As huge as the hype build-up was for the November meeting, this one is even bigger. Some numbers to chew on for this weekend's match-up:
- Including our week 10 victory, we've beat them the last 4 times in a row
- Going back to 1999, we've beat them 8 of the last 10 times we've played them
- Since entering the league, Cam Newton has a cumulative record of 11-4 after December 1.
- The Panthers are 7-1 at home this season, with the only loss being a 5 point comeback win by the #1 seeded Seahawks in the opener
- At home in 2013, the Panthers have outscored the opposition by a total of 207 to 96. That's a freakin point differential of +111
Ok, so we own the home field and we own December plus. Let's talk about that defense...
- Panthers sacked Kaepernick 6 times in the week 10 meeting and got an interception
- Panthers got 9 (NINE) sacks in their last game against Atlanta
- The Panthers got 6 sacks the game before that against New Orleans
- The Panthers snagged four interceptions in the last 3 games, including two pick 6's
So we're getting to the QB at a rabid rate, getting the ball back, and putting it in the endzone on defense?
Summary: We own the 49ers. We own December/January. We own home field this season. We own other team's offensive lines. And we own the BoBerry biscuits. So everyone be confident and happy. Keep pounding. CPP out.