After hearing all the news of the Trent Richardson trade to the Colts. I was thinking about potential prospects we would get if we offered up our 2014 1st round pick. I am not for trading our 1st round pick at all, this is simply for discussion.
I think we all can agree that our biggest needs are O-Line especially the right side, the entire secondary, and a complimentary WR. The discussion question, I am posing is what player would you be willing to give up a 1st round pick for.
- LT Joe Thomas: My opinion of best LT in the game.
- RG Jahri Evans: One reason Drew Brees is really good because he has great protection
- S Eric Berry: Great young prospect
- CB Joe Haden: Browns are cleaning house anyway, might as well get rid of him too
- CB Patrick Peterson: One of the best in the league
- CB Darrelle Revis: Only if he is 100% and back to his old self
- CB Richard Sherman: I think Smitty would enjoy trash talking him in practice
- S Earl Thomas: Another great young safety
- Calvin Johnson: No explanation needed
- AJ Green: Stud receiver who I think would be even better with Cam instead of Andy Dalton
- Julio Jones: It would be nice to play with him 16 games instead of against him twice a year
- Andre Johnson: 2nd best receiver behind Calvin Johnson, in my opinion
These are just a few names that I think would be worthy of giving up a first round pick for. I know some of these players would require more than just one first rounder, but lets not get into the trade value discussion in this post. Again, I want to keep our first rounder, if anything I hope we can acquire more draft picks. Simply wondering, who you think would be worthwhile to get in exchange for our 1st round pick. Look forward to reading your comments.