Imagine you're sitting in the Waffle House at 8 AM. You're trying to wake up, slam down bottomless cups of coffee, or just cram enough hash browns in your mouth to stave off an inevitable hangover -- something that seems to pair with Waffle House. In walk a cadre of young NFL stars who take to the juke box and begin to hold an impromptu talent show. That's what happened this morning, as DeAngelo Williams and the rest of the Panthers' running backs invaded the breakfast joint to smother it with their joy, and cover it with their dance.
The video above, posted to DeAngelo's facebook account is the RB grouping singing "Just My Imagination", a 1971 hit by The Temptations. In order to give you a close reading, here are some of the top things to notice from the video:
1. Nobody in the restaurant seems the least bit aware that these are Panthers' players, or that they're dancing.
2. Mike Zordich is clearly afraid of his ability to boogie, also his name is now "White Mike".
3. DeAngelo bust out the sprinkler... let that sink in.
4. Coined by BW Smith, the RBs new nickname is "The Breakfast Club"
5. We got a glimpse of a Tolbert dance solo, and it was glorious.