In case you haven't heard yet, the Panthers start their mandatory minicamp today.
The minicamp will be five practices over the course of the next three days, and in case you've forgotten -- or didn't know -- here's a refresher course on the rules of this minicamp:
Section 2. Mandatory Veteran Minicamp:
No mandatory veteran camp may exceed three days in length, plus one day for physical examinations. The minicamp must be conducted during the week (Monday through Friday), with physicals taking place on Monday but no practice or workouts on that day, practices on Tuesday through Thursday and a day off on Friday .
The minicamp must be conducted during week three or week four of Phase Three of the Club 's offseason workout program. The Phase Three rules set forth in Article 21, Section 2 (b) (iii) of this Agreement shall apply to all minicamp activities.
Two-a-day practices shall be permitted at two of the three practice days of the Club's one mandatory minicamp, subject to the following rules:
1. players may be on the field for a total of no more than three and one-half hours per day
2. players may participate in one practice for no more than two and one-half hours of on-field activities under Phase Three rules
3. the second practice may only be for the remaining portion of the players' daily three and one-half hour on-field activities and shall be limited to walk-through instruction only
4. no organized team activities (including treatment and taping) may begin prior to 7:00am local time or end after 8:30 pm local time, and players shall be given at least one hour for lunch and dinner each
5. players may only be asked to participate in Club activities for a maximum of ten hours per day including taping and treatment but excluding meal time
The on-field time limits described above shall begin as soon as position coaches begin to coach players on the field.
So there you have it -- you are now informed of the mandatory minicamp rules. You are now a powerful creature filled with immense knowledge that you can share with your friends.
Oh, and before you decide to show up at Bank of America Stadium to watch the boys work out, you should probably know that you can't do that. The minicamp is closed to the public:
Panthers have a 3-day minicamp starting tomorrow. It is 5 practices over the 3 days but all practices are closed to the public.— Davis Williams (@DayvisWilliams) June 10, 2013
But fear not -- we'll be sure to keep you updated on any major news that comes out of minicamp if there is any to report, so stay tuned.