Pretty much all these mock drafts are pointless but hey, here's mine. First off, no gm will draft a gaurd in top 15. There is a reason that we are drafting in the top 15 and drafting a gaurd this early is just crazy. Just look at the dysfunctional teams draft. Over a period of time the Raiders could have drafted Colvin Johnson Jr, Fitzgerald, Demarcus Ware, and Aaron Rodgers. I know the draft is imperfect but imagine how different their team with one of those players. We need touchdown scorers not interchanging lineman. We have 2 guys that can get 10+ sacks in a year, a franchise left tackle, a 3 down mike, an aging smitty, and a franchise qb, We need a shutdown corner or a wide receiver if you agree with the 6 most important positions to have secure. I'm keeping it simple no trades.
1) KC - Luke Joekel - Easy pick, BPA, fills need and no one will pay the kings ransom to move up for Geno.
2) Jax- Dion Jordan- Gus Bradley wants to fill the Leo position and he saw first hand picking a qb with the first pick isn't imperative.
3) OAK - Stat Lotulelei - Top defensive player, BPA, Seymour who?
4) Phi - Eric Fisher - Jason Peters coming off of an achillies heel injury and Vick has a history of concussions, need I say more?
5) Det - Lane Johnson - Jeff Backus retiring and Stafford's injury history, broken record.
6) Cle - Sharrif Floyd - They shored up olb position in free agency but could use a a big body to keep them chasing qbs instead of swallowed by the o-line.
7) Arz - Barevious Mingo - The Cards need to get to the qb more or Fitz and Floyd may never get on the field.
8) Buf - Geno Smith - He literally falls in their laps. I'm high on Geno and don't understand why people are so down on him. You don't accidentally throw 70% and 3:1 td interception ratio. I mean Sam Bradford and Christian Ponder went 1 and 12 overall.
9) NYJ - Dee Millner - The Island has a different name so Rex hopes or he might not have a job next year. Who am I kidding, he's got the Sanchize at qb.
10) Ten - Ezekial Ansah - A high risk high reward pick. He can play all over the D-line. He could be this years Dontari Poe or JPP.
11) SD - Alec Ogletree - He is top flight talent that slips out of the top ten because of character issues.
12) Mia - Keenan Allen - Can I say more weapons for Tannehill?
13) NYJ - Kenny Varraco - They probably trade down to get more picks for all their holes.
14) Car - Deandre Hopkins - He's the best wide receiver left on the board and we need someone to replace Smitty. Tavon is strictly a slot and that's where want to move Smitty so that's kind of out of the question since Hopkins can line up in every spot. D-line we can get that later with it's depth. If Hopkins projects to a Roddy White/Hakeem Nicks type player I think we should be lucky that he falls this far.
15) NO - Jarvis Jones - He's arguably the best pass rusher in the class and the saints will be glad to get him this late.
16) STL - Sheldon Richardson - A D-line with Quinn, Brockers, Richardson, and Long gives Fisher a chub.
17) Pit - Damontre Moore - Originally a top ten pick falls into the Steelers lap because of a poor combine. I hear the game is played on a field with pads. He produced so frankly I don't care if he didn't run fast on a field with no lineman. Sorry for the mini-rant.
18) Dal - Jonathon Cyperien - That secondary is downright nasty now and they can pick up an UT in round 2.
19) NYG - Xavier Rhodes - He's the best press-man coverage cb in the class. He'll help JPP & Co get the qb.
20) Chi - Chance Warmack - BPA by far and helps Cutler not be a whinny baby....well maybe not.
21) Cin - Bjeorn Werner - Some think a top ten talent, I think late 1st round to a early 2nd.
22) STL - Cordarelle Patterson - Possibly the best wr in the draft if he reaches his "potential".
23) Min - Tavon Austin - He can be a dangerous weapon when used right and another weapon for Ponder can never hurt.
24) Ind - Sly Williams - They need some D-line help. They were terrible against the run last year.
25) Min - Manti Te'o - Need meets a safe pick.
26) GB - Arthur Brown - Just a guess. He could go alot earlier, like to the Bears.
27) Hou - Tyler Eifert - Just like gaurds, tight ends don't get drafted early so the Texans get lucky with the best of the bunch.
28) Den - Desmond Trufant - Top coverage corner falls in their lap. Champ Baily will turn 87 this year.
29) NE - Tank Carradine - Top pass rusher on the board and Bill has finally learned to quit throwing these top picks at dbs and throw them at pass rushers.
30) Atl - Jamar taylor - They got rid of Asante and Robinson so they need someone for Smitty to embarrass.
31) Sf - Datone Jones - Obviously they will trade up, but this pick would make sense.
32) Bal - Johnathon Banks - Ladarius Webb is hardly a sure thing coming off an acl injury banks played the best competition in the SEC.
33) Jax - Kevin Minter - Linebackers transition to the NFL the easiest on defense and he will be a day one starter.
34) SF - Margus Hunt - The 49ers can afford to double dip and take a guy who could be top tier talent if he develops.
35) Phi - E.J. Manuel - He's going way earlier but this doesn't include trades so he falls like a lead balloon.
36) Det - Jordan Poyer - They need secondary help in a bad way and this is a start.
37) Cin - D.j. Fluker - Some have him as a Lt but lets be real he's more like phil loadholt type player and might not even be a Rt.
38) Az - Matt Barkley - He falls in their lap because well no one else is that desperate.
39) NYJ - Jonathon Cooper - Bpa falls to a need. well they need one of everything so Bpa is easy.
40) Ten - Matt Elam - They need an enforcer in their secondary.
41) Buff - Robert Woods - The bills need someone opposite Stevie Johnson for Geno.
42) Mia - D.J. Hayden - They take a risk on a freak injury. It's a good risk/reward project.
43) TB - Zack Ertz - Freeman needs more weapons to find out if he's their guy and if not the new guy will need them.
44) Car - Menelik Watson - A surprise pick. He could be the bpa and fills a need as he can take over at Rt for Bell and move him to RG and eventually move to the left. It's completely unlikely that this happens but it could.
That's all I'm doing...Thoughts and Comments.