This particular match features a couple of outstanding pass rushers and road graders facing off against one another. It is the only competition that pits a G/DE tandem against one another. This should be interesting.
The two teams competing in Match Four are:
Team A: Chance Warmack (OG) and Alex Okafor (DE)
Team B: Jarvis Jones (DE/OLB) and Larry Warford (OG)
Before you rush to vote, please keep the following in mind during this process:
1. Each tandem (team) will feature one defensive player and one offensive player, with one exception. This is by design. In basketball and football (team sports in general), a championship team usually has both a good/great offense and defense. The one exception will pit a duo of defensive prospects against one another.
2. You won't see the same player twice. This, too, is by design. NCAA basketball players don't jump from team to team during the tournament, and neither will the players in this competition.
3. I realize that this exercise may need some fine tuning, which will be addressed in any future bracket.
4. I also realize that some of you will be lamenting the fact that I didn't present your preferred 1st/2nd round combination. Feel free to address this "issue" in the comment section, but humor me by voting anyway.
5. I did the best that I could in determining who I felt has the best chance to be there at 14 (1st) and 44 (2nd). For example, If you are wondering why I didn't include Sharrif Floyd and Lane Johnson in this exercise, then it is because I believe they will already be gone by the time we are on the clock in the 1st round. Additionally, many of you will feel as if I reached for certain players. For instance, in today's match, some of you may feel as if 14 is too early to select WR DeAndre Hopkins, and that is perfectly fine. But, try your best not to be so concerned with where these prospects are drafted. If at all possible, focus more on what you think they can bring both individually and collectively to the Panthers when making your final decision.
6. I will check the polls the morning after each competition to see which tandem has the most votes. The duo that has the most votes will move on to each subsequent round until we crown a winner.
Which one of these tandems do you think will make the biggest difference for the Panthers next season and beyond? Vote for your favorite now!
First Round - Match 4
|1st: G Chance Warmack|
|2nd: DE Alex Okafor|
|1st: DE Jarvis Jones|
|2nd: G Larry Warford|