If you want to download the episode and give it a listen click here - it's #104. Here's the highlights the NFL Combine episode:
- Of course we discussions various combine participants, both those we hope come to Carolina as well as those that did well or poorly
- James cautioned against putting too much stock in an specific event such as 40 times or bench press results
- Discussed a top performer in DE Margus Hunt. I quickly ignored James' advice and now want him in the 2nd round.
- Discussed poor performer Tyrann Mathieu including his bench press result (4)
- BW proclaimed if the Panthers draft Mathieu he will trap and eat a honey badger. When informed he would be hard pressed to find one in Moncks Corner, SC we decided a substitute must be found. My suggestion is below, the invasive species Nutria:
He'd fit on the grill better too. Add some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and BW is good to go.
- Smokewagon suggested the Panthers either might or should trade up to around #10 to grab a LT like Lane Johnson if he is there...most of us were skeptical of that occurring given the price. Smokewagon also says OL is the most talented and deepest position in the draft and expects the Panthers to go OL early if not in the 1st.
- James thinks the Panthers will focus on adding players that can either help Cam Newton or Luke Kuechly...i.e. a WR or a DT.
- Shankdiddy agrees with the notion the Panthers will target a WR or DT in the 1st round
- BW thinks we help the secondary with a safety like Vaccaro or a CB like Rhodes
- We all agreed Mike Wallace would be a great fit in Carolina and would proclaim Dave Gettleman a cap wizard if he could somehow fit Wallace under the cap.
Well that's all I remember at the moment. If I left out any highlights feel free to chime in. I should probably take notes next time...lol.
Be sure to join us next week 10pm EST to talk everything and anything Carolina Panthers.