Mock Draft Carolina Panthers
1. Kawann Short DT Purdue...This guy is an absolute monster, he has the speed and quick feet of Sheldon Richardson, and the weight, size, and run stuffing ability of Hankins. A lot of mocks have him going later, and have Carolina either taking John Hankins or Sheldon Richardson. Why would we want one guy good at stopping the run, or one guy who can get to the qb when we can have both those skill sets in Kawann Short?
2. Aaron Dobson WR Marshall...Aaron Dobson is a 6 ft 3 205 pound WR with elite hands, and route running. Although lacking speed, and a bit of a reach in the 2nd round Dobson could be the steal of the draft, and give the Panthers the possession WR they have been lacking since 2006.
3. Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee...Rogers according to CBS Sports Line is a "Virtual Julio Jones Clone". Da'Rick Rogers is 6 foot 2, 205 pounds and is a physical explosive WR. In a draft loaded with DT's, Offensive Linemen, and DB's, WR's are going under looked. Mark my words this will be the deepest, and most talented WR draft we have seen in years, and that includes the Julio Jones / AJ Green draft. I feel Edwards will be cut and our WR core will be Smith, Dobson, Rogers, Lafell, Gettis, and Joe Adams. Although thats a lot of WR's Gettis may not be what we thought before the injury, and Joe Adams showed nothing last season. Drafting two WR's of this talent almost 100 percent ensures we found a Smith replacement, and solid number 2.
4. Robert Lester SS Alabama...A strong, tall, safety with good ball skills, and leaping ability this pick will create a solid tandem of safeties with Godfrey, and Lester for years to come.
5. Kwame Geathers DT Georgia... 6 ft 6, 355 pounds and played in the SEC need I say more? Will provide great depth behind Edwards and Short. Not to mention we probably will not be bringing back Landry who is a FA.
6. Adrian Bushell CB Louisville... 5 ft 11 corner with great speed and quickness, solid hip movements, and a very fluid runner will provide competition at the number 2 CB spot with Norman.
7. Cooper Taylor SS Richmond... At 6 ft 4 230 pounds, and 4.5 speed he's worth the 7th round pick based on physical ability alone.