The draft (oh god here he goes again) is 5 months away which means more debate (oh god why?)
but i'm not mocking today (thank you lord) i will, however, be deciding the best option between two.
Double dipping at Wr (rounds 1-2) or double dipping at oline (rounds 1-2). Now both are big needs. So i will try my case with you guys, and see if you are with me. Double dipping at Wr benefits
- Cam gets well deserved weapons he has been waiting for
- The offense gets more dangerous
- More passing yards for Cam (and hopefully he will get the attention he deserves)
- THE BAD==
- Run game possibly suffers
- Cam has less time to make reads
- Jordan Gross won't have time to mentor a new Left or Right Tackle
Those are solid goods and bads. I will now argue for Oline
- THE GOOD
- Cam has more time to make reads, therefore more accurate
- The running game flourishes with elite men at the helm
- More leadership, and passion next to Ryan Kalil, and Cam Newton
- THE BAD
- Cam will have to hungrily wait another year for weapons he deserves.
- Smitty won't have time to donate his heart to the future of the wide-outs.
- The passing game will neg-legate with the last year of Smitty (arguably his last year after next year)
But you may be asking what if we Balance out? Well i have an argument for that too
Circumstance if we take a Wr in the first round
- Smitty gets to mentor better talent, making it easier.
- Cam gets a very good tall weapon.
- The passing game gets better
- THE BADS
- O-line won't get alot better
- Jordan Gross will have to mentor a decent Tackle or Guard.
- Cam will get a late weapon
Arguing for a first round o lineman
- THE GOOD
- Cam gets a bit more time to make reads
- Gross has an easier time mentoring
- rush game gets better
- THE BAD
- Smitty will have to work extra hard to mentor a late second round talent at Wr
- Cam will get a ok to decent weapon, not very good
- Cam will have to Work extra hard to get the 2nd round receiver going in a fast paced offense