Free Agency officially begins on at midnight EST on Friday February 1st and ends at midnight on Thursday February 28th (although I suspect it won't last that long!).
Remember, we are using Walter Football (click on off-season needs for each team) to determine Free Agents. The top FIVE Free Agents from each team will be entered into the Free Agency pool. Everyone else on the list you keep by default (unless you want to cut/trade them).
By now you should have tagged your Franchise players and any Restricted Free Agents you would like to keep. If not then it is too late and they enter the Free Agent pool.
To clarify how this is going to work:
- If you are the first bidder for a player you MUST start a post for him with his name in the subject title.
- In the body of the post you need to put your team name and your bid (in the same post).
- Every subsequent bid for this player MUST be as a reply to the initial post.
- The 48 hour clock RESETS every time there is a new bid for a player.
- If no team exceeds the highest bid at the end of that 48 hours the player is awarded to that team.
- If you are in an auction for a player you CANNOT withdraw your bid. If you are the only bidder you can.
- Finally - the original team of the player only has to MATCH the highest bid to retain the player.
- Remember each team started with $25. You should subtract whatever you have already spent on your Franchise tag and RFA tags from this total. Be mindful of this amount as I will be keeping track. If you have overspent then you will lose out on Free Agents.
I hope that answers all of your questions. I'm going to put up a separate Free Agency discussion thread - hopefully we can just keep this one for bids themselves.
Obviously if you still have trades to conduct they should be announced in the discussion thread.