So as promised, here’s my initial Fanpost trying to drum up interest for this little experiment. This is a long post at the moment – it’ll be split into three threads soon though (just want to give you guys a heads up of the entire process before you sign on!).
I participated in a similar event last year over on the Carolina Huddle. I found it a very good way to get to know the 2013 NFL Draft prospects, as well as being a lot of fun.
I see from the Fantasy Football Fanposts that you’re a competitive bunch, so here’s another chance to pit your wits against each other.
What I need at the moment is 32 people to sign up, each willing to take control of a team.*
*I’m going to have to be pretty harsh about this – I’d like to run this process on a first come, first serve basis, but I also really don’t want people getting bored and dropping out! I’ll have to deal with this on a case by case basis (perhaps a community vote? – I’ll try to be fair after all).
The complexity of the Off-Season itself is up to you (and how much help I have!). My theory is that we have a set Salary Cap and can only make player transactions – no coaching staff ones.
I plan to have three threads:
- This initial thread (which I’ll edit) with all of the teams/GMs. Hopefully 32 people will confirm their interest here – also could everyone please provide a working email address so I can post it next to the GM’s name (this is for trades).
- A Free Agency thread where people place their bids and the league Commissioner confirms who has won (highest bid wins!).
- A Draft thread where people make their selections and announce trades (which are hammered out via the aforementioned emails so as to not clutter the thread). If the trades are ridiculous (again I’ll hold a vote) then they’ll be vetoed (e.g. Clausen for the #1 pick).
What we need to agree to is a set of dates - when Free Agency starts, when it ends and when the Draft starts.
If we get enough people signed up quickly I think it makes sense to start Free Agency on February 1st and end it on February 28th.
For ease of administration I think it makes sense for each team to have $25 to sign Free Agents. Otherwise we get into complex, petty squabbles about how the Bengals GM is outbidding everyone and the Panthers GM is curled up in the fetal position crying.
I plan to use Walter Football to determine which Free Agents enter the pool (the top five from each team).
Franchise tagged players must be tagged BEFORE Free Agency begins and count nothing towards the salary cap (i.e. they cost $0).
For the Draft we need to set a sensible time limit between selections so it flows, otherwise it gets bogged down. Either we all agree to do it on the same day/weekend, or we have say 12 hours between picks. A three trade maximum per team sounds sensible.
Once the Free Agency and Draft is over you can post your depth chart. Each team must be cut down to 53 at this point.
If this isn't clear please let me know and I'll edit it. I'll be picking a team, but at the moment I'm not fussed which one it is.
Post away! Also please could you rec this so it stays near the top.
- Chicago Bears - KissMyConverse - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detroit Lions - Shankdiddy - email@example.com
- Green Bay Packers - pieterzen - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minnesota Vikings - originalgiant - email@example.com
- San Francisco 49ers - PanthersRoar - OldSoldier1776@msn.com
- St Louis Rams - billy201 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seattle Seahawks - VTPantherFan - email@example.com
- Arizona Cardinals - disguyritehere - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dallas Cowboys - OldhamA - email@example.com
- Philadelphia Eagles - Ancev - firstname.lastname@example.org
- New York Giants - Beast Hybrid - BeastHybrid@live.com
- Washington Redskins - Panthers FTW - email@example.com
- Carolina Panthers - TXPanther - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tampa Bay Bucs - tarheels24 - email@example.com
- Atlanta Falcons - WoahCam - firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Orleans Saints - AndrewHATEFREE - SirDrewski@gmail.com
- Cleveland Browns - stnecldcr8z - email@example.com
- Pittsburgh Steelers - Limey Panther - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Baltimore Ravens - PantherNationn - email@example.com
- Cincinnati Bengals - numero uno panther - firstname.lastname@example.org
- San Diego Chargers - maelstrom - email@example.com
- Oakland Raiders - kittylover - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kansas City Chiefs - B Mad - OSUBucks4710@aol.com
- Denver Broncos - thestupidiscatching - email@example.com
- Miami Dolphins - Rick Bates - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Buffalo Bills - Ganthiger - Ganthiger@gmail.com
- New York Jets - kasayfan4 - email@example.com
- New England Patriots - Alex Helms - Pantherfanalex@gmail.com
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Promethean Forerunner - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Houston Texans - panthers316 - email@example.com
- Tennessee Titans - Cwatt34 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indianapolis Colts - JDeLong42 - email@example.com