Aug 17, 2012; Charlotte, NC, USA; Carolina Panthers defensive tackle Terrell McClain (97) comes out of the tunnel before the start of the game against the Miami Dolphins at Bank of America Stadium. The Panthers defeated the Dolphins 23-17. Mandatory Credit: Jeremy Brevard-US PRESSWIRE
It's been two weeks since my last prediction and that previous one is blown up already so here is another feeble attempt at predicting the Panthers 53 man roster for opening week.
Many of you will be happy that I have now added LB Thomas Davis back to the roster since it looks like he won't play enough to test his knee before the season opener. My thinking he given the Panthers depth at LB is not the greatest they will stick with him for now in hopes he does fully recover.
FB (1): Mike Tolbert
Special Teams (5):
P: Brian Nortmann
PR: Joe Adams
KR: Keoloha Pilares
LS: JJ Jansen
Key Cuts: K Olindo Mare, WR Seyi Ajirotutu, WR Armanti Edwards, RB Josh Vaughan, DE Eric Norwood, CB Josh Thomas, FB Richie Brockel, WR Darvin Adams, DT Ogemdi Nwagbuo, LB Jason Williams, S Reggie Smith
Key changes from last prediction:
- LB Thomas Davis makes the roster
- LB Jason Phillips make the roster over Jason Williams
- Dropped Otah and left the offensive line at 8 players versus 9
- Replaced DT Andre Neblett with rookie DT Ryan Van Bergen
- Replaced K Olindo Mare with Justin Medlock
- Replaced S Reggie Smith with S Jordan Pugh
- Dropped DE Jyles Tucker and added CB RJ Stanford
Let me know what you think but only if you agree 100% ;) ...jk...