Not everyone likes the Panthers chances next season. The Sporting News ranks the Panthers at 21st in their 2012 power rankings, which not only keep them out of the playoffs, but have them drafting at #12 next year. The rankings were by Vinnie Iyer's article "NFL Power Rankings: Giants are apple of our eyes, Jets not so much", and didn't really explain why the Panthers were ranked so low, so I clicked on their draft review to see if that explained it. It was harsh, and it was written by Joe Person, could he be writing something for the CO, and the opposit for another employer?
9. MLB Luke Kuechly - "...some might argue the Panthers had greater needs."
40. OG Amini Silatolu - "A big gamble in the 2nd round", because of the jump from Division II.
103. DE Frank Alexander - "...will have a chance to join the Panthers rotation at DE."
104. WR Joe Adams - "At 5-11 and 179 pounds, Adams has to get strongerif he hopes to crack the receiving rotation. He also needs to take care of the ball: He has 11 career fumbles." Could he repeat Mike Goodson's career path.
143. CB Josh Norman - "Norman, who will turn 25 before the end of his rookie season, was offered by Georgia out of high school, but did not qualify academically. ...a little bit of a project. The Panthers could have gotten a higher-rated player earlier."
207. P Brad Nortman - "There were other punters ranked higher than Nortman, but GM Marty Hurney likes his consistency (a 42.1 yard average)."
216. S D. J. Campbell - "...he projects as a backup at safety, at best."