With the 2012 draft over (Great job Hurney/Rivera) here is my top 10 list of undrafted rookie free agents i would like to see the Panthers bring in:
1. Chase Minnifield CB- Could put him on the pup list if he still isnt recovered. Could be a future starter
2. Coryell Judie CB - Good size/athlete with pretty good man cover skills. Still needs some work playing the ball in the air.
3. Donte Paige-Moss DE - Has the skill set to develop into a monster DE, need to check his attitude at the door
4. Marcus Forston DT - Good run stuffer, has some injury concerns
5. James Brown OL - Played T in school, but projects as a G. OL depth is always good to have. Suprised he wasnt drafted.
6. Beau Reliford TE - Pass catching TE with a big frame. Lacks blocking skills, but wouldnt be a bad 3rd TE if his injury checks out
7. Chris Owusu WR - Average size, great speed (4.36 combine). Another guy with injury concerns. good upside
8. Chris Polk RB - Might not make the team with our current situation at RB, but we need practice squad guys. Could develop into a good backup option
9. Darron Thomas QB - We need a backup with a closer skill set to Cam than DA offers. Thomas has some potential
10. Vontaze Burfict LB - We all know he comes with LOTS of baggage, but we also know this guy can hit. If we could hide him on the practice squad and see how his attitude checks out, and get him in shape, he could become a beast, or he could be a bust. As an undrafted free agent, it wouldn't harm the team too much to give him a shot.
Well, theres my short list in no order except for Burfict (he is last on it for many reasons). I would love to get all of these guys, but it's not very likely to happen considering a few of them skilled enough to have been drafted, but injuries set them back. Share your thoughts on who you guys would like to see brought in.