The Panthers stayed at pick #9 and essentially ran the pick to the podium to get their guy. You can read a quick write up on LB Luke Kuechly here. The round featured 8 trades before it was over, three before the Panthers picked at #9. It was quite the exciting night to say the least. Here's a few highlights:
- The Bucs traded back with Jacksonville only to see the Cowboys trade up with the Rams to snatch Claiborne in front of them. They consequently appeared to reach for S Mark Barron at #7.
- CSR favorite DT Fletcher Cox became a trade up target for the Eagles, going at #12.
- The most confounding pick has to be the Jets, who play a 3-4 defense, selection of 4-3 DE Quinton Coples when Melvin Ingram was still on the board.
- The biggest reach is a tie between the Seahawks selection of DE Bruce Irvin at #15 and the 49ers selection of WR AJ Jenkins (who?) at #30
- The value pick of the round has to be the Steelers getting G David Decastro at #24.
- Best trade has to go to the Cowboys who moved up from #14 to 6 to land the best CB in Morris Claiborne and only gave up their second rounder #45.