Let me start out by saying that this isn't an attempt to predict who I think the Panthers will take in this draft. Rather, it is a compilation of players that I would like the Panthers to select. After the jump, you'll find my last 2012 Carolina Panthers' mock draft. Be sure to let me know what you think in the poll and the comment section.
1. Indianapolis Colts QB Andrew Luck
Thank you for staying at Stanford another year.
2. Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffn III
See you in November.
3. Minnesota Vikings CB Morris Claiborne
Wanted: Elite CB in an elite QB conference.
4. Cleveland Browns RB Trent Richardson
Dynamic RB in a ball control, defensive-minded conference.
5. Tampa Bay Bucs WR Justin Blackmon
Chris Gamble, meet Justin Blackmon.
6. St. Louis Rams DT Fletcher Cox
Another building block added to an already stout DL.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars DE Quinton Coples
Andrew Luck, meet Quinton Coples.
8. Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill
Mike Sherman, you're the fall guy if Tannehill busts.
9. Carolina Panthers OT Matt Kalil
Serendipity at its best.
40. Carolina Panthers CB Josh Robinson
Excellent man-coverage corner and a dynamic kick returner to boot.
104. Carolina Panthers DE Cam Johnson
Solid fourth round potential steal.
143. Carolina Panthers ILB/OLB James-Michael Johnson
Four seasons of consistent, high-impact play at Nevada.
179. Carolina Panthers WR/KR T.Y. Hilton
A legitimate 4.3 receiver who can also return punts and kickoffs. My favorite 2012 draft video, hands down.
207. Carolina Panthers OG Ronald Leary
Sleeper who will get a chance to replace Wharton immediately.
216. Carolina Panthers P Drew Butler
Son of former Rivera teammate will start from day one.
Three of My Favorite Potential UDFA's
DE Scott Solomon
WR Lavasier Tuinei
ILB Danny Trevathan