I just read this morning that the Bengals have brought in Boston College MLB Luke Kuechly for a visit, even though he will be gone by their 1st pick at #17. So, why?
1. Kuechly is a Cincinnati native, who played at Cincinnati's St. Xavier high school.
2. The Bengals aren't happy with their current starting MLB Ray Maualuga, and believe he's more effective playing back at OLB.
So, what might it take for the Bengals to trade for the Panthers #9 pick?
1. The Bengals #21 pick (880 points) and #53 pick (470 points), totaling 1,350 points, exactly equal to the 1,350 point value of the Panthers #9 pick.
2. The Bengals own 3 5th round picks, #156 (44 points), #166 (34 points), and #167 (33 points), so in the 1st option the Panthers could insist that one of the 5th round picks be included.
3. The Panthers could try to acquire the Bengals #17 (975 points)and #21 (880 points) picks, (a total of 1,855 points) in the 1st round, in return for the Panthers #9 pick (1,350 points), and either their #40 pick (600 points), (a total of 1,950 points, 95 points more than the Bengals point value, around the point value of the last 4th round pick, or 2 5th round picks) or the Panthers 2013 1st round pick.
So, what do you think, and which option would you chose?
My preference would be for the 3rd option. In that way I would hope the Panthers would chose one of the Top pass rushing DE's at #21 (Whitney Mercilus Ihope), or the top DT left, and that could be Brockers, Poe, Still, or Reyes), maybe one at #17, and The other #21. I would hope the Panthers Select WR Stephen Hill with the #17 pick. The 4th or 2 5th round picks would create room for the Panthers to draft a Punter.Though I admit the 1st or 2nd optios (#21 or #17, and #53, with maybe a 5th round pick as well), are equally apealing
Would like to see the Panthers trade the #9 pick to the Bengals?
Yes, #9 for #17, and #53 (24 votes)
Yes, #9 for #21 and #53 (3 votes)
Yes, #9 for #21, #53, and a 5th round pick (12 votes)
Yes, #9 for #21, #53, and 2 5th round picks (7 votes)
Yes, #9 for #17, #53, and a 5th round pick (21 votes)
Yes, #9 and #40 for #17, #21, and 4th round pick (17 votes)
Yes, #9 and #40 for #17, #21, a 4th and a 5th round picks (6 votes)
Yes, #9 and #40 for #17, #21 and 2th round picks (12 votes)
No, The Bengals won'y make this trade (13 votes)
No, just draft Kuchley (11 votes)
No, keep our picks and draft the BPA (8 votes)
No, keep the #9 pick and draft another player (plese post) (4 votes)
No, it's all just crazy talk (5 votes)
143 total votes