Hi everyone This is my first article on Cat Scratch Reader, I fully plan to use some of this great Community College classes to do something productive! And what better topic then the Carolina Panthers
Now Im gonna lay out 5 reasons that Hutchinson makes sense.
1. Check this website. I'll wait.
Ok now that your back with me, He is been a great G for Minnosota Vikings. His fanbase is very upset to see him go, much like we were Wharton. (and they are for the most part a very smart fanbase.) However common sense tells you that both these players Wharton and Hutchinson will be playing elsewhere for a fraction of what they were being paid. That being said I would be happy with Wharton coming back with a reduced salary. This obviously is still a possiblity.
2. Hutchinson is a magnificent run blocker, And while I dont want to take any talent away from AP Hutchinson routinly pushes DT's into the second level and at one point considered maybe the premier G in the league.
3. I think he will come cheap. Potential to start on an up and coming team and the fact that while he has had multiple teams show intrest and bring him in for a visit, he has left and continues to seek employment, this infers to me that he may be having trouble finding a suitable contract. He is a potential Hall of famer, and still needs a Superb Owl to perch on his finger.
4. His production dipped this last season, however I belive this trench Warrior needs a change of scenery, I belive Ron Rivera, and the excitement of Cam Newton will provide that.
5. Lastly I belive that this player would be a true stop-gap.(Ive heard the phrase used here several times.) I belive he truly has the potential to be a Stephen Davis style signing for us. While there would be many options out there that are much cheaper, he would provide a very capable starter.
Now there are a few hiccups to this, and that is if either of his old coaches, both Brad Childress or Mike Holmgren want him, there conveniently both working for the Browns so I wouldnt be suprised if he ended up there. I also wouldnt be suprised if you hear that we call him in to "Kick the tires".
So What do you think Panther Nation?