RotoWorld.com's Josh Norris has just posted "Draft 2012: The Overated", and I thought it might be of interest to CSR readers, because all but 1 or 2 of the names on the list have been posted about. Here's his list:
1. WR Justin Blackmon - "He simply is not a vertical threat."
2. DT Michael Brockers - "Faced consistant single blocks ... but showed little burst or quickness to beat guards ... plays high off the snap and fails to use his arms or hands ... a player who's lone strength is upside."
3. MLB Vontaze Burfict - "Burfict obviously possesses athleticism and power for the Mike linebacker position, but he is lacking in every other category. Burfict is consistently taken out of plays ... He does not play instinctively"
4. WR Alshon Jeffery - "Jeffery cannot seperate ... (Alfonzo) Dennard completely overmatched Jeffery downfield (in their Bowl game) ... Jeffery is the eightth best receiver in the draft, and a massive risk as a first-round pick."
5. QB Brock Osweiler - "Erratic is an understatement."
6. DE Whitney Mercilus - "He lacks a great first step and has minimal explosion off the edge.
7. OT Mike Adams - "Maddenly inconsistent ... (shoulder surgery in 08, knee injuru in 09)."
8. DE Chandler Jones - An uncoorinated-looking prospect and unrefined in his movements."
9. DT Jerel Worthy - "Inconsistent motor ... Unless Worthy shoots a gap off the snap, he struggles due to high posture and lacks any anchor against the run."
10. RB LaMichael James - "I think he'll have a Danny Woodhead kind of role."
Norris wrote in much greater detail about each player and you can read it in full for yourself:www.rotowold.com/articles/nfl/39879/60/draft-2012-the-overated