It's officially now that time of the year. Twelve teams are in, while we are part of the 20 that are "out". No playoffs for us this year, but this is still one of the most interesting parts of the season. So here it is, my first mock. Comments on the other teams? If things fall this way, who do you as the GM pick for the Panthers? I will eventually post the rest of my mock in the comments...
1. Kansas City Chiefs - Geno Smith, QB: Don't overthink it, still gotta take the best QB available. Elite OT's don't win games on their own.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Bjoren Werner, DE FSU: Find a way to attack Luck and Schaub
3. Oakland Raiders - Star Lotulelei, DT Utah: Replace Tommy "Bounty-Hunter" Kelly with BPA
4. Philadelphia Eagles - Luke Joeckel, OT TAMU: Too easy
5. Detroit Lions - Damontre Moore, DE TAMU: Imagine that Defensive line!
6. Cleveland Browns - D. Milliner, CB Alabama: Secondary help
7. Arizona Cardinals - Jake Matthews, OT TAMU: Obvious need, don't skip it again
8. Buffalo Bills - Mike Glennon, QB NC State: Take your guy now
9. New York Jets - Jarvis Jones, OLB Georgia: BPA for Rex to use
10.Tennessee Titans - Manti Teo, LB Notre Dame: BPA to go with Zach Brown
11. San Diego Chargers - Taylor Lewan, OT Michigan: Embarassing need, poor Phillip
12. Miami Dolphins - Keenan Allen, WR California: Give your top 10 QB some real help
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jonathan Banks, CB Mississippi St.: Secondary needs mucho help
14. Carolina Panthers - Jesse Williams, NT Alabama: Stop getting gashed by unknown RBs. The DT position has needed addressing for many moons now, with NT being the slighter bigger issue.
15. New Orleans Saints - Sheldon Richardson, DT Missouri: need meets BPA
16. St. Louis Rams - Eric Fisher, OT Central Michigan: Get one now before they're gone
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - B. Mingo OLB/DE LSU: BPA weapon to add speed to defense
18. Dallas Cowboys - Johnathan Hankins, DT Ohio State: BPA, plus he strikes me as a Cowboy
19. New York Giants - Xavier Rhodes, CB FSU: What Tampa, Atlanta, and New Orleans did to that secondary was embarrassing.
20. Chicago Bears - Oday Aboushi, OT Virginia: Embarrasing need and he might not really be a reach
21. St. Louis Rams (via Washington Redskins) - Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame: splurge pick for Bradford
22. Minnesota Vikings - Terrance Williams, WR Baylor: Ponder really needs someone to throw to, and Eifert was just snapped up.
23. Cincinnati Bengals - Giovani Bernard, RB North Carolina: I really like that pick for their offense
24. Indianapolis Colts - Alec Ogletree, OLB Georgia: I really like him. He was the best defender on Georgia, and is best D guy available
25. Seattle Seahawks - Cordarelle Patterson, WR Tennessee: Just feels like a splashy Seahawks pick
26. Baltimore Ravens - Tyler Wilson, QB Arkansas- Shocker pick that will look smart in a few years. With everything else in place, do you 100% trust Flacco?
27. San Francisco 49ers - E. Ansah, DE BYU- the type of guy the Niners want
28. Green Bay Packers - Chance Warmack, OG Alabama: Too many pass rushers in the division, and it's a big need
31. Atlanta Falcons - S. Montgomery, OLB/DE LSU: BPA for pass rush to attack Brees and Cam
32. New England Patriots- DaRick Rogers, WR Tenn Tech: Beli's newest sexy bad guy pick. Let Brady finish his career with a deep threat
1. Jacksonville- Matt Barkley, QB Southern Cal: Nice pick here for the new GM
2. Kansas City- DeAndre Hopkins, WR Clemson: Too bad he can't make it to the Panthers, will look great with Geno. Plus they likely lose Bowe.
3. Philadelphia Eagles- Kenny Vaccaro, FS Texas: Need and BPA
4. Detroit- Jordan Poyer, CB Oregon St.: Nice help for their secondary
5. Cincinnati - from Oakland- A. Okafor, DE Texas
6. Arizona- Tyler Bray, QB Tennessee: Need a QB
7. Browns already used on Josh Gordan
8. New York Jets- Ryan Nassib, QB Syracuse: With QBs flying off the board, the Jets pull the trigger on their guy now.
9. Tennessee- Logan Ryan, CB Rutgers: Help at corner
10. Buffalo- Dion Jordan, OLB/DE Oregon- a nice prospect falls to them, he can rush the passer and cover Gronk when they play the Pats.
11. Miami- Kawan Short, DT Purdue: BPA to shore up D-line
12. Tampa Bay- Lane Johnson, OT Oklahoma: Shoring up the OL
13. Carolina- You are on the clock!
105 votes total
The content of these posts are those of the user/fan making the post only