This game had a little bit of everything, the good, the bad and the ugly. Yet the end result is I feel a little better about this team in spite of the loss.
- QB Cam Newton led the offense to a touchdown on his only drive, a drive that featured a nice mixture of running and passing culminating in a 10 yd TD pass to Jeremy Shockey
- RB Mike Goodson was very active with 7 carries for 31 yds (4.4 ypc) and 2 receptions for 39 yards including an electric screen pass for 38 yards
- WR David Clowney continues to run good routes and make plays with 2 receptions for 45 yards including a 41 yard score from Derek Anderson
- QB Derek Anderson was 11 for 19 with a TD in a little more than 2 quarters of play. He may have just jumped Clausen on the depth chart
We've got more quick hits from this game...after the jump...
The Bad (Injuries)
- RG Garry Williams went down with a broken leg and is most likely lost for the season. It goes without saying the Panthers are a mess at RG and most certainly will have to claim a player on waivers this weekend.
- QB Jimmy Clausen had a scrotal contusion (per James Dator)...lol just kidding
- QB Jimmy Clausen was pretty terrible going 7 for 17 for 87 yards
- The run defense was gashed early by the Steelers so we still have a need for some veteran depth up front
Now check this photo: