Call them predictions, call them hunches. Call them educated, or call them random. I think alot of us have some ideas about how this year in the NFL is going to pan out. Here are a few of mine. What are yours??
1. Michael Vick will have a subpar year. This has nothing to do with today's contract announcement. Team's started to figure out the second half of last season. I think he is overrated big time. Look for either injury or a high turnover rate to make Vick one of the most disappointing players in the league this year for the Philly "Dream Team."
2. Tampa Bay will not have a winning season. I think they overachieved last year. Won a lot of close games, snuck up on a lot of people. I'm not saying they're bad. But I'm calling for 7-8 wins for the Bucs in 2011.
3. The Bears will not make the playoffs. Jay Cutler is a ticking time bomb, in my opinion. Take away one of his few legit receivers in Greg Olsen, and this just might be the year we see him go mental. I don't like the Bears' receiving corps at all.
5. I like the Cowboys in the NFC East. (Gagging to say that, I hate the Boys). The Giants look to me as a team getting stale under Tom Coughlin. The have a distraction in Osi, a major weapon lost in Steve Smith. Philly I think will come up short because of poor QB play. Washington is in the Luck sweepstakes.
6. The Panthers?? I have no idea, I really don't. They have the earmarks of a team that will struggle in the beginning of the year, and start to get some wins in the second half. Resulting in the ol' "just wait till next year" hopes flowing for 2012. Perhaps, for once, with good reason.
Agree? Disagree? Share your thoughts Panthers fans!!