It's been a rather quiet day on the free agent front for Panthers fans, but we do have word from several sources that the front office is working diligently to sign all the draft picks today. Once we know contract details we will pass along that information as always.
At any rate, let's keep the conversations flowing Panthers fans!
News and notes from the past few days:
- In one fell swoop, James Anderson and Thomas Davis were re-signed to 5-year contracts. The Panthers have also added two more DB's to the roster: CB Cletis Gordon and S De'Von Hall. Details of their deals can be found here.
- In what can only be described as an emotional move, it appears that K John Kasay will be released today.Apparently the front office told him they were going to go in another direction, thus explaining the signing of Olindo Mare on Wednesday.
- The Panthers have released their official training camp schedule. You can find it here.
- Second year DE Greg Hardy was involved in a motorcycle accident last week in Tennessee. While he's not seriously injured, he will have to miss the first two weeks of training camp. You can read the Charlotte Observer's account of the story here.
- The Panthers have decided not to trade WR Steve Smith, and Smitty has said that he wants "to remain a Panther for life". I for one couldn't be happier! Details about this can be found here.
As always, stay tuned to CSR for any breaking stories throughout the evening.
Let's hear what you've got to say Panthers fans! This is now an open thread!