Compared to the last two days, today has been rather slow in terms of free agent signings, but that will soon change in a few hours as soon as teams are allowed to release players (4:01 EST).
And, sadly, as we found out yesterday, John Kasay will be one of the players released this afternoon. Whether you like the decision or not, none of us can deny that it's going to be a sad moment as the final original Panther moves on to greener pastures. I'm sure we'll have plenty to discuss about that and anything else that develops throughout the afternoon.
Let's keep the conversations flowing Panthers fans!
News and notes from the past few days:
- In one fell swoop, James Anderson and Thomas Davis were re-signed to 5-year contracts. The Panthers have also added two more DB's to the roster: CB Cletis Gordon and S De'Von Hall. Details of their deals can be found here.
- In what can only be described as an emotional move, it appears that K John Kasay will be released today.Apparently the front office told him they were going to go in another direction, thus explaining the signing of Olindo Mare on Wednesday.
- The Panthers have released their official training camp schedule. You can find it here.
- Second year DE Greg Hardy was involved in a motorcycle accident last week in Tennessee. While he's not seriously injured, he will have to miss the first two weeks of training camp. You can read the Charlotte Observer's account of the story here.
- The Panthers have decided not to trade WR Steve Smith, and Smitty has said that he wants "to remain a Panther for life". I for one couldn't be happier! Details about this can be found here.
As always, stay tuned to CSR for any breaking stories throughout the day.
Let's hear what you've got to say Panthers fans! This is now an open thread!