FanPost

In the Green: The Best of CSR 2 wks ending 6/15/11

Here's the latest installment of the Best of the Best (5 Recs minimum) from the latest 2 weeks' postings.

I've not included those posts associated with the Panthers All-Time Greats, as these were numerous, but more in the order of poll votes.

They didn't invite Michael Silver? Gasp!

I’m sure he’ll have a temper tantrum on that too.

Seriously, I this is great news I think.

by Jaxon on Jun 2, 2011 9:08 AM EDT reply actions   9 recs

Here is Bob Saget being told he looks like Michael Silver

Images_medium

via t2.gstatic.com

by Tater596 on Jun 2, 2011 9:23 AM EDT up reply actions   5 recs

I was wondering the same thing too.

What a wimp. He has a autobiography out called "Dairy of a wimpy kid". HAHAHA

by Gnuff on Jun 2, 2011 12:51 PM EDT up reply actions   5 recs

Yahoo Panthers Page

Yahoopage_medium

via img851.imageshack.us

by LittleKing on Jun 2, 2011 4:09 PM EDT reply actions   9 recs

I'd love to see Brooklyn Decker

Kick this guy in the nuts…wearing a Panthers bikini.

by Swamp Panther on Jun 2, 2011 5:40 PM EDT via mobile reply actions   6 recs

"Our quarterback position is what it is right now."

C’mon…I can’t have been the ONLY one who chuckled at this.

by Mr_Sticky on Jun 6, 2011 2:31 AM EDT reply actions   7 recs

Except for Andrew Luck

by James Dator on Jun 6, 2011 1:10 PM EDT up reply actions   6 recs

He is an icon (Cam) and an entertainer (Newton)...;)

by Jaxon on Jun 7, 2011 7:33 AM EDT up reply actions   6 recs

Now that people are starting to notice their mistakes and are self-editing (while pointing out that I would do it if they didn’t), I think my work as the Grammar Police Chief is done. :-)

by BW Smith on Jun 7, 2011 8:37 AM EDT up reply actions   5 recs

...

Ngbbs4ae90e77783d4_medium

via bbsimg.ngfiles.com

Hoh hoh hoh hoh!

by ERL on Jun 9, 2011 3:02 PM EDT up reply actions   9 recs

Baker's Seattle tackle...

…was the highlight of mid-season for me. I think that says a lot about our performance last year.

I remember jumping off the couch yelling "WHAT NOW!" and giving Baker some wooo’s as he walked over and talked junk to the return man on the ground.

by ppalm on Jun 9, 2011 3:03 PM EDT reply actions   5 recs

Here's a GIF of the epic moment...

Sweepingtackle_medium

via i285.photobucket.com

by BW Smith on Jun 11, 2011 12:13 AM EDT up reply actions   5 recs

He could be if we did this WWE style.

Imagine Jim Ross (the only one who should ever call a WWE match, IMO):

And Moose has D-Will in a rear naked choke hold…and….wait, what is that? GOOD GOD! THAT’S STEVE SMITH’S MUSIC! STEVE SMITH IS COMING TO THE RING FOR MOOSE…HE HITS HIM WITH THE STUNNER!!! OH MY GOD WHAT A SLOBBERKNOCKER WE HAVE HERE…STEVE SMITH IS DESTROYING MOOSE! HE’S BEATING HIM LIKE A GOVERNMENT MULE!!!

Yeah, I watched way too much wresting when I was a kid, lol.

by BW Smith on Jun 15, 2011 1:10 PM EDT up reply actions   7 recs

You raise a great point here ST... but maybe not in the way you originally thought

The crux of your overall argument is that nobody is close to Steve Smith in this discussion… well, I find it very curious that by your own admission Moose’s 2004 was dominant. I’d go so far as to say it was as dominant as any WR season we’ve seen in the last decade.

As vaunted as we say Smitty’s triple crown was (and it was amazing) that season only resulted in 10 more receptions, 150 more yards and 4 less TDs than Moose’s 2004.

This kind of flies in the face of those who say Jake was nothing without Smitty… because, well, Moose did almost the same thing when Smith wasn’t on the field. Can we say the same about Smitty’s triple crown? In the case of Smith’s 2005 the threat of Moose (coming off his stellar 2004) definitely meant he needed to be accounted for more whereas Moose was along in 2004 and still found a way to dominate.

For these reasons along I like Delhomme and Moose belong in the same conversation with Smitty. Not quite as cut and dry as you make it appear

by James Dator on Jun 15, 2011 1:23 PM EDT up reply actions   8 recs

Maybe he looks bigger b/c of who he's standing next to.

No offense Shockers. This is why I love this site. If not for CSR I’d be going out of my mind w/this lockout stuff. This is the only place that you get 3-4 new stories about OUR team every day when other sites won’t post anything new for days or weeks! I love the intellectual feel from the writers and regulars. Have you guys been on CO site lately…makes me shudder.

I really love CSR and appreciate all of you that make it feel like a community of friends and family, even though we all may be just a lil bit crazy for being so obsessed with a sports team. But if you’ve gotta be obsessed, what better team than the Carolina Panthers?!?

by rawjem01 on Jun 15, 2011 4:38 PM EDT up reply actions   6 recs

It takes a special kind of stupid to write a story like that

Trust Yahoo to take a real story and turn it into a non-story with their mindless drivel.

by James Dator on Jun 15, 2011 6:30 AM EDT reply actions   5 recs

The content of these posts are those of the user/fan making the post only

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Cat Scratch Reader

You must be a member of Cat Scratch Reader to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Cat Scratch Reader. You should read them.

Join Cat Scratch Reader

You must be a member of Cat Scratch Reader to participate.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

tracking_pixel_9341_tracker