FanPost

In the Green: The Best of CSR 2 wks ending 5/31/11

There wasn't much response to the last In the Green post, so I've waited 2 weeks to accumulate more.

Here they are, for your renewed amusement:

(Thanks again to Jaxon for his efforts in making them more readable than I know how to.)

So let's start with the 'green' pictures

Whatever they do

Don’t M*ck with these statues
Panthers_15_medium

via www.carolinastockphotos.com

by AParker on May 19, 2011 10:57 AM EDT up reply actions   14 recs

==============

Or a picture of Brooklyn Deckers Knockers

Jerry-richardson-carolina-panthers-nfl_medium

via static1.businessinsider.com

by MMA_PITBULL on May 19, 2011 11:16 AM EDT up reply actions   6 recs

=========

I'll do ya one better

5736707009_58cb2bb0b6_medium

via farm3.static.flickr.com

"This is the most important thing to the franchise… do you understand?"

by Tater596 on May 19, 2011 11:38 AM EDT up reply actions   6 recs

=========

"Something" like...

Ace_ventura_yes_medium

via 2.bp.blogspot.com

by ERL on May 17, 2011 3:32 PM EDT up reply actions   5 recs

========

On the transportation issue:

It may not be viable in Charlotte, but I planned it for Sydney where mass transit is the norm far more than driving is.

That being said, I had a pretty ingenious idea a few years back of creating a rail station immediately outside one side of the stadium. Use most of it for pure transit, but have one ‘party train’. Deck the train out in team colors, charge $30 a seat and have greatest moments of the franchise on TVs inside each rail car. Allow alcohol consumption in 50% of the cars and make the rest family friendly. It arrives at the stadium 2hrs before the game and there are grills set up for the passengers to use.

I even have a name for it…. railgating

by James Dator on May 19, 2011 10:56 AM EDT up reply actions   10 recs

========

It probably went something like this...

Fox: Why did you miss that tackle Chris? Dammit, you’re killing us.

Gamble: I dunno. It is what it is.

Fox: What did you just say to me?

Gamble: I said it is what it is.

Fox: That’s it…you’re not starting next week.

Gamble: Does that mean I’m "day to day"?

Fox: Oh, you think you’re cute don’t you? Alright, you’re not playing at all next week.

Gamble: Oh well, I guess I just picked a bad day to have a bad day.

Fox: You’re in the doghouse now Chris. Good luck getting out of it.

by bwsmith25 on May 23, 2011 11:01 AM EDT up reply actions   14 recs

========

One thing I've never understood about the way Fox used D-Will

DeAngelo Williams was the All-Purpose Yardage record holder coming out of Memphis. That means he was a very versatile player on offense and Special Teams. I always wondered why the offense didn’t use him more often in the passing game. He has GREAT hands for a RB, and can create nightmares in open space. He’s never been known to drop passes or aligator arm passes, so I really just never understood the reluctance to use him on screens and tosses more often.

And I know the same can be said about Stewart, but my argument is that D-Will was one of the most dynamic RBs to come out of college in a long time. It took a while for him to develop into a good blocker, but his abilities, in my opinion, were never fully used in Fox’s/Davidson’s offenses. I remember that Hurney used to try and get him the ball in space in some unorthodox ways, but Fox seemed to be against anything except head down, hit the line, North-South running.

I don’t mean to discount the good things Goodson did last season, but he is not one of the best RBs on the team. We have two of the best backs in the NFL. Hopefully, Chudzinski will see D-Will’s and Stewie’s potential in the short/screen pass as well as the traditional running game, and we can get some excitment back into our offense this season.

In situations like this when things are bad, the easy thing to do is fold up the tent, just pack it up and accept it. But winners and people who are successful realize that when things get tough, it’s an opportunity to define yourself. They realize that in this moment, you can do something great. - Jon Beason

by Tarheel Soldier on May 26, 2011 1:17 PM EDT reply actions   6 recs

==========

Kyle

I met Mr Busch today. I asked him if he was qualifying early for the 600. He didn’t like that.

by CubsPanthersTarHeels on May 25, 2011 2:40 PM EDT via mobile reply actions   5 recs

==========

Jenkins wanted out, Peppers wanted out, now its said Smith wants out.

How does that look/sound when your most popular guys want nothing to do with the team?

You need to look at the ‘why’ more than anything else. Jenkins got lazy… in hindsight trading him was the right move because his career is done.

Peppers wanted out because of the area- it had nothing to do with the organization. He was tired of being what he perceived as a big fish in a small pond.

Smith is tired of bad QB play. There’s still a chance he could stay.

Try and find an organization other than the Patriots who consistently has 100% happy players who never have any demands. It just doesn’t exist.

We looked like absolute BUFFOONS giving delhomme that contract extension after the world watched ARI spank him like a red headed step child. He wasnt good enough then to start for half the teams in the league and we "locked him up". pure lunacy.

Richardson looks like a moron for allowing the contract extension

Delhomme’s contract extension occurred when Richardson was away from the organization following his heart transplant.

Richardson has done nothing short of flat out drop the ball… or appoint his kids who dropped said ball…. either way weve fallen on hard times as a team based on record, team quality, organization and "team clout" (if our stars dont want to stay why would another star want to come here)

I feel like the fan base has gotten trapped in the movie ‘Memento’. That collectively nobody has an ability anymore to remember anything before 2009.

I dunno how you guys feel but pissing away a year to right the ship isnt a good excuse at all to me… a competent man in charge doesnt let the ship get that close to the rocks.

Falcons, Lions, Dolphins, Bengals, Giants, Raiders…. the list goes on. All of whom have cut their employees salaries, or given furloughs. Do all these franchises fail to have ‘completent men’ in charge? After all, the very most basic element to running a team is making the books balance. These aforementioned teams couldn’t do it.

we are in the spot b.c of richardson no if ands or buts about it. people pointing fingers at fox… well who hired him… and who let him stay on farrrrr to long. Who put their kids in charge who screwed the pooch while big cat was away…. redundant ? I know.

Hurney hired Fox
Hurney kept Fox on
Richardson relied on his sons to do their job, they failed… he fired them ASAP

As for the comments on Hurney…. I don’t know what to say. He’s regarded around the NFL as one of the better general managers.

by James Dator on May 30, 2011 4:23 PM EDT up reply actions   6 recs

=========

In similar news...

I named this morning’s BM ‘Procton’.

CSR effects our lives in all sorts of ways

by James Dator on May 31, 2011 12:35 PM EDT up reply actions   6 recs

=========

If the Patriots can record a superbowl practice we should be able to find a way to record this

by MMA_PITBULL on May 31, 2011 11:02 AM EDT up reply actions   9 recs

The content of these posts are those of the user/fan making the post only

X

forgot?

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join Cat Scratch Reader

You must be a member of Cat Scratch Reader to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Cat Scratch Reader. You should read them.

Join Cat Scratch Reader

You must be a member of Cat Scratch Reader to participate.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

tracking_pixel_9341_tracker