We have a long list of deserving Panther players this week from their 48 - 16 beat down of the Bucs. Developing the list will be the easy part this week. Making your selection won't! Though there was lots of offense don't forget a defense that created four turnovers. So here we go:
- Rookie QB Cam Newton threw for 177 yards and 3 TDs that also helped him break the NFL single season rookie passing record held by Peyton Manning. He also ran for 65 yards including a 49 yard TD jaunt on a read option up the middle. The kid just keeps adding to his records.
- RB DeAngelo Williams ran for two scores on only 7 carries and 66 yards.
- RB Jonathan Stewart rang up 88 yards on 7 carries and added a TD on an 11 yard reception.
More options and the fan poll after the jump...
- WR Brandon LaFell snagged 3 passes including a 91 yard TD that he somehow plucked out of the air.
- LB James Anderson logged 7 tackles, a tackle for loss, a pass defensed, a fumble recovery and was essentially responsible for Jonathan Nelsons interception because he tipped the ball.
- S Jonathan Nelson is the feel good story of the day. Signed off the practice squad he snagged his first Pro INT, 7 tackles and a pass knocked down.