Draft guru Todd Mcshay has released his first mock draft for the 2012 draft. Since the list is only available to ESPN Insiders (seriously, who would pay for that?), I decided to post the top ten selections, and my personal opinion on the Panthers pick, which may or may not surprise you, as well as other reactions.
1. Colts - Andrew Luck, QB - Stanford
2. Rams - Matt Kalil, OT - USC
3. Vikings - Morris Claiborne, CB - LSU
4. Browns - Trent Richardson, RB - Alabama
5. Jaguars - Quinton Coples, DE - UNC
6. Buccaneers - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB - Alabama
7. Redskins - Robert Griffin III, QB - Baylor
8. Dolphins - Matt Barkley, QB - USC
9. Panthers - Justin Blackmon, WR - Oklahoma St.
10. Bills - Riley Reiff, OT - Iowa
My reaction to us selecting Justin Blackmon-Approve of this pick only because of the position we're drafting at. It would be very difficult to argue against drafting him in this spot. Although I still think I would rather see an OT (Martin, Reiff), or Zach Brown. But Blackmon at #9 would be a surprise, I personally don't see any way he falls that far.
I don't see Barkley falling to #8, i view him as a sure fire top five selection if he decides to declare. The Dolphins would be ecstatic if he fell this far.
I was also surprised to see Richardson as high as #4, considering the first RB taken in last years draft was former teammate Mark Ingram at #28, I find it hard to believe Richardson is 24 spots better.
I'm also surprised at how high Kirkpatrick is taken, from everything I have seen this is really the highest I have seen him mocked. Coples at #5 is also a mild surprise.
Anyways, enough of my blabbing. I'm curious as to what you guys think of the top ten and more specifically picking Blackmon.
Do you approve of the selection of Justin Blackmon with the ninth overall pick?
Yes (471 votes)
No (217 votes)
688 total votes