Draft guru Todd Mcshay has released his first mock draft for the 2012 draft. Since the list is only available to ESPN Insiders (seriously, who would pay for that?), I decided to post the top ten selections, and my personal opinion on the Panthers pick, which may or may not surprise you, as well as other reactions.
1. Colts - Andrew Luck, QB - Stanford
2. Rams - Matt Kalil, OT - USC
3. Vikings - Morris Claiborne, CB - LSU
4. Browns - Trent Richardson, RB - Alabama
5. Jaguars - Quinton Coples, DE - UNC
6. Buccaneers - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB - Alabama
7. Redskins - Robert Griffin III, QB - Baylor
8. Dolphins - Matt Barkley, QB - USC
9. Panthers - Justin Blackmon, WR - Oklahoma St.
10. Bills - Riley Reiff, OT - Iowa
My reaction to us selecting Justin Blackmon-Approve of this pick only because of the position we're drafting at. It would be very difficult to argue against drafting him in this spot. Although I still think I would rather see an OT (Martin, Reiff), or Zach Brown. But Blackmon at #9 would be a surprise, I personally don't see any way he falls that far.
I don't see Barkley falling to #8, i view him as a sure fire top five selection if he decides to declare. The Dolphins would be ecstatic if he fell this far.
I was also surprised to see Richardson as high as #4, considering the first RB taken in last years draft was former teammate Mark Ingram at #28, I find it hard to believe Richardson is 24 spots better.
I'm also surprised at how high Kirkpatrick is taken, from everything I have seen this is really the highest I have seen him mocked. Coples at #5 is also a mild surprise.
Anyways, enough of my blabbing. I'm curious as to what you guys think of the top ten and more specifically picking Blackmon.