The Panthers have a rocky road ahead of them. As we start to build up our roster we got to start finding downside on our roster and fill them with the upsides in the free agency. Here are my top 5 positions of need.
1. Defensive line- we are getting better but we need to improve. We have to stop the teams quicker to give our offense more chances to score points. With us playing quarterbacks like Payton Manning, Aaron Rodgers and Matt Schaub we need to blitz and hopefully stop them.
2. Wide Receiver- we need to get someone who can catch the ball and make plays. All of our receivers can catch the ball but once the catch it that's like all the yards. We need to work on yards after catch that's what all great wide receivers do. I think it will help our offense a ton if we get a receiver.
3. Offensive guard- we need a left guard especially, we have got to play blitzing teams like Bears, Vikings and the Packers. Do we want our quarterback to get killed? Right now he might unless we get a new guard.
4. Veteran Quarterback- we need a QB to take Clausen under his wing. With most young quarterbacks there is an older backup to help them develop for example when Aaron Rodgers was a rookie he had Brett Favre or Sam Bradford and AJ Feely. We need a veteran if we don't then it will be up to a couple of young QBs.
5. Cornerback- with Richard Marshall leaving we need a new corner. We will most likely draft one in a later round. That's what we did with Captain Munnerlyn when we took him in round seven. All though I'm not saying we take a corner that late.
The Panthers have to patch these holes.
We can find these people in the free agency and in the draft.
How do you think we will get these people?
Are there any positions I missed?
What do you think?