Can we blame them? I've been frightened to see how our recent play would affect our roster and, finally, here it is. To be honest, it's less severe than I had expected and pretty well reflective of our team, which is bad. Updates concerning the Panthers below...
- TEAM Carolina Panthers - Decrease, from 75 to 73OVR
What can you say? We had it coming this week.
- QB Matt Moore - Decrease, from 74 to 72OVR
- QB Jimmy Clausen - Moved to QB #1 on depth chart
With two bad games and losing the starting job, I really thought they were going to do more damage to Moore than just 2 points. I was expecting to see a drop to around 68-70. Lets hope for a Clausen boost in the next update.
- WR Armanti Edwards - Decrease, from 65 to 63OVR
- WR Brandon LaFell - Decrease, from 68 to 66OVR
- WR Dwayne Jarrett - Decrease, from 68 to 66OVR
- WR David Gettis - Increase, from 59 to 63OVR
- WR Steve Smith - Increase, from 93 to 94OVR
Little production for Edwards, LaFell, and Jarrett = minor drops, as expected. Nice boost for Gettis. The homer in me still believes Smith is slightly low at 94.
- HB Jonathan Stewart - Decrease, from 87 to 86OVR
- HB DeAngelo Williams - Increase, from 92 to 93OVR
- HB Mike Goodson - Increase, from 67 to 68OVR
Glad to see Goodson got a small boost, very surprised Stewart went down while Williams went up. I would've thought just opposite.
- OL Ryan Kalil - Decrease, from 90 to 89OVR
Really? All of the bad offensive line play we've had lately and Kalil is the only one that goes down? Is that good or bad?
- DL Nick Hayden - Decrease, from 65 to 64OVR
- DL Derek Landri - Increase, from 65 to 73OVR
- DL Greg Hardy - Increase, from 68 to 71OVR
- DL Ed Johnson - Increase, from 75 to 78OVR
- DL Charles Johnson - Increase, from 79 to 81OVR
If Hardy continues to get these boosts every update, he'll our #1 DL shortly.
- MLB Dan Connor - Increase, from 73 to 75OVR
- OLB Jon Beason - Increase, from 97 to 98OVR
The Beast gets more beastly and Connor gets a nice bump.
- CB Chris Gamble - Decrease, from 90 to 89OVR
Similar to the OL situation, bad play from everyone and Gamble is the only one to see a decrease? Odd.
In all, I can't complain about these changes. The decreases, for the most part, all seem warranted and the increases on some are nice to see. The Stewart/Williams situation is the only one I don't understand. Any thoughts Madden faithful?
Were the Week 3 rating adjustments fair to the Panthers?
Yes, they nailed it. (3 votes)
Eh, they were close enough. (32 votes)
No, too many increases. (3 votes)
No, too many decreases. (4 votes)
42 total votes