Can we blame them? I've been frightened to see how our recent play would affect our roster and, finally, here it is. To be honest, it's less severe than I had expected and pretty well reflective of our team, which is bad. Updates concerning the Panthers below...
- TEAM Carolina Panthers - Decrease, from 75 to 73OVR
What can you say? We had it coming this week.
- QB Matt Moore - Decrease, from 74 to 72OVR
- QB Jimmy Clausen - Moved to QB #1 on depth chart
With two bad games and losing the starting job, I really thought they were going to do more damage to Moore than just 2 points. I was expecting to see a drop to around 68-70. Lets hope for a Clausen boost in the next update.
- WR Armanti Edwards - Decrease, from 65 to 63OVR
- WR Brandon LaFell - Decrease, from 68 to 66OVR
- WR Dwayne Jarrett - Decrease, from 68 to 66OVR
- WR David Gettis - Increase, from 59 to 63OVR
- WR Steve Smith - Increase, from 93 to 94OVR
Little production for Edwards, LaFell, and Jarrett = minor drops, as expected. Nice boost for Gettis. The homer in me still believes Smith is slightly low at 94.
- HB Jonathan Stewart - Decrease, from 87 to 86OVR
- HB DeAngelo Williams - Increase, from 92 to 93OVR
- HB Mike Goodson - Increase, from 67 to 68OVR
Glad to see Goodson got a small boost, very surprised Stewart went down while Williams went up. I would've thought just opposite.
- OL Ryan Kalil - Decrease, from 90 to 89OVR
Really? All of the bad offensive line play we've had lately and Kalil is the only one that goes down? Is that good or bad?
- DL Nick Hayden - Decrease, from 65 to 64OVR
- DL Derek Landri - Increase, from 65 to 73OVR
- DL Greg Hardy - Increase, from 68 to 71OVR
- DL Ed Johnson - Increase, from 75 to 78OVR
- DL Charles Johnson - Increase, from 79 to 81OVR
If Hardy continues to get these boosts every update, he'll our #1 DL shortly.
- MLB Dan Connor - Increase, from 73 to 75OVR
- OLB Jon Beason - Increase, from 97 to 98OVR
The Beast gets more beastly and Connor gets a nice bump.
- CB Chris Gamble - Decrease, from 90 to 89OVR
Similar to the OL situation, bad play from everyone and Gamble is the only one to see a decrease? Odd.
In all, I can't complain about these changes. The decreases, for the most part, all seem warranted and the increases on some are nice to see. The Stewart/Williams situation is the only one I don't understand. Any thoughts Madden faithful?