The Panthers lost to the Bears today in the manner in which we have grown accustom. I few big plays by the opponent spoil an overall inspired defensive effort as the offense again can't sustain a drive. In most cases the Panthers simply stopped themselves with poor execution or ill-timed penalties.
The Panthers scored 3 points on their first drive and then didn't sniff the red zone the rest of the game. The Panthers special teams coverage was scared to kick to Devin Hester in spite of being strong season to date. Where is the confidence? I can now see the quandary this coaching staff has. Play your normal game and accept the youthful mistakes or simplify the game plan giving advantage to your opponent.
I have to give the defense big props though. They picked off 4 passes and kept the Panthers in the game. In many cases drives started near midfield yet time after time the Panther offense could do nothing with it.
Here's some quick hits:
- QB Jimmy Clausen was 9 for 22 for 61 yards and an INT and was overall unimpressive
- The Panther defense produced 4 INTs and 3 sacks and shut down the Bears after the 1st quarter except for two late FGs after the game was decided
- The Panthers ran the ball a total of 20 times for 81 yards, most coming in the 1st quarter
- Though the Panthers three starting LB's were the top tacklers, Bears RB Matt Forte had an amazing game with 19 carries for 157 yds and 2 TDs
- Peppers had a PD and INT and didn't hesitate to rub it in with a couple ‘Shhhhhh' gestures
This was another tough game to watch as the offense was a comedy of errors. So what do you have to say Panther fans?