Here's the latest installment of Paw Prints and it's an admittedly weak line up of material. Sorry but everybody seems to be talking about the same stuff we've been discussing all week.
- Former Panther DE Mike Rucker is moving to the broadcast booth for the Panthers upcoming final three preseason games. I'll be curious to hear his take on the Julius Peppers situation because you know it will come up.
- The word from Jon Beason' agent is that the Pro Bowl LB is close to 100% now.
- There been a big focus on new Panther DC Ron Meeks since mini-camp. Here's one the better posts on his quotes and potential impact.
- Here's a nice piece on UDFA from Canada Jamall Lee, who is vying for the 3rd RB slot. It's hard to rule out a guy that ran a 4.39 at 6'1" and 221lbs.
- Here's another NFC South draft review that didn't like what the Panthers did: Who cares, right?
Like the Falcons, Carolina focused early on defense. Unlike the Falcons, the Panthers' defense could be moving in the wrong direction, especially if Peppers ends up leaving.
- Fannation is doing a positional analysis. Here's the one focused on the RB position that wonders if the Panthers might go to a 3-back platoon similar to what the Giants did last season. I find it hard to fathom but weirder things have happened.
- Here's a post about some Panther players, including QB Jake Delhomme, doing there typical community service, this time with a recovering burn victim.
- Pat Y answers a couple interesting questions in his Monday Mailbag about John Fox' hands on approach to the defense and those pesky Peppers to the 49ers rumors.