It was my birthday yesterday so I took the weekend off from blogging, not really by design but just took the opportunity to relax a little. As such I'm late getting up my weekly links post but here we go regardless.
- The key statement in this post form David Scott is the estimate that barring any trades the Panthers won't make their first pick in the draft until around 10pm. I don't understand nor do I like the fact they pushed the start time back to 4pm.
- Here's a Team Draft capsule that is pretty spot on for the Panthers in my view. You'll have to scroll to the very bottom to get to the Panthers.
- Darin Gantt updated his mock draft based on Marty Hurney's recent press conference. I liked his first one better as I would rather go defense early and offense late.
- Here's another post focusing on the Panthers potentially drafting DE Paul Kruger. I would not be unhappy with this pick but as I've pointed out in previous posts I have other preferences if they are available.
- This post examines whether the Panthers schedule will be as tough as we are expecting. It also includes a good re-look at the Jeff Otah trade. I still think it was a good trade regardless of what Philly did with the #1 pick they got from us.
- Pro Football Weekly postulates that CJ Wilson is the leading candidate to play nickel corner for the Panthers but is not confident he is up to the task.
- Two SBN bloggers have been given credentials to attend the draft, our Broncos and Eagles bloggers. This is big news as we all struggle for credibility with the MSM and the NFL.
- Here's another Bleacher Report post on DE Julius Peppers that only recaps what we already know. As such I'm only linking it in the name of being thorough but honestly I'm finding the BR lacking in substance in most the stuff they put up.