- Pro Football Weekly reports the Panthers are still hoping to get a draft pick for CB Ken Lucas as they continue to shop him.
- I'm sure you've heard by now that former Panther RB Fred Lanes killer (his wife) got released after serving six years in prison. Yes, 6 years, that's all. Note to self: Always make sure you are worth more to your wife alive vs. dead! RIP Fred.
- Scout.com postulates: Peppers to Green Bay? How ironic would that be if Pep was reunited with former Panther DC Mike Trgovac, the guy we assume he was trying to get away from? It's pure speculation based on some anonymous source where the only ‘meat' to the story is that the Packers play a 3-4 and have the cap space to sign Peppers. Enough said.
- Silver Fox at the Bleacher Report points out the semi-obvious: that the Panthers will sit pat during free agency.
- Darin Gantt points out that it is not unusual for playoff teams to remain quite during free agency. Maybe so, but it is soooo boring.
Other NFL News of Interest:
- The Falcons signed LB Mike Peterson (33) because they had to dump to old man Keith Brooking (Also 33).
- How long do you think it will take before the Buffalo fan base turns on TO?
- Here's a very lengthy statistical analysis that tries to determine the greatest defense in NFL history. It's a good read for you stats nuts (r3?)
- Charles Robinson with Yahoo! Sports compiles a nice list of the remaining free agent bargains and ‘buyer beware'.