Here's some links I dug up on the Panthers new Defensive Coordinator Ron Meeks.
- Let's start with the article from last week announcing his decision to leave the Colts after HC Tony Dungy retired.
- SBN Colts blog Stampede Blue has of course weighed in on the Panthers hiring Meeks.
- Here's a post suggesting Meeks would have been fired if he didn't resign.
- Though they may be saying differently now, this time last year Meeks was an elite assistant.
- Apparently Meeks was considered for the Redskins HC job last year that was eventually filled by Jim Zorn.
- The Fanhouse weighs in on the Panthers new hire.
- Dan Reeves says a Ron Meeks defense coaches players to "fly to the ball".
I have to admit the more I look at this hire the more I like this selection. Meeks has shown he can get players up for a big game and should bring new wrinkles to the Panthers 4-3 scheme. I think its a win-win for both but only next seasons result will truly matter.
Update: Here's the best post yet on whether Meeks will bring his Cover 2 to Carolina courtesy of Dan Reeves, whom Meeks worked for with the Falcons.
Update #2: Here's another one from Indy discussing the reasons for letting Meeks walk.